[Kde-extra-gear] Re: Krusader 2.3.0-beta1 "New Horizons" released!

Dirk Eschler eschler at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 02:21:10 CET 2010

Am Sonntag, 26. Dezember 2010, 01:02:55 schrieb Tom Albers:
> > Notice: if you've got bugs to report, please do so using Krusader's
> > website, and not using KDE's bugzilla (bugs.kde.org).
>
> Why?

Mostly historic reasons. Krusader has been a SourceForge project for about 10
years and it seemd easier to use the integrated tracker. Then, some day, we
decided on switching to Trac for general project management, but that switch
never happened due to a general lack of time to work on the project. Then
Krusader moved to kde-extragear which was a good decision. But it also
complicated things, syncing a trac instance against KDE's svn turned out to be
a non trivial task.

To make long story short, today there's no good reason not to use the KDE
bugtracker, at least from my point of view, but that's something the active
developers have to decide on.

Best Regards,
Dirk Eschler

--