[Kde-extra-gear] creating release packages

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Sat Oct 3 04:28:48 CEST 2009

On Monday 27 July 2009, Tom Albers wrote:
> At Monday 27 July 2009 03:06, you wrote:
> > So I'd like to start getting ready to make the first release of Tellico
> > from extragear. What's the best way to create a tarball that includes
> > the doc files and all the necessary source files? I know there are some
> > scripts floating around, is there an official one?
>
> kdesdk/scripts/createtarball
> edit the ini in that folder and run it.

Here's a small feature request for the create_tarball script. The Debian
packager for Tellico suggested that the debian/ directory be removed from
the tarball when I make a source package. Perhaps someway of specifying a
list of directories and/or files to ignore in the source tree when making
the tarball would be useful? I'm not sure how I would go about it though.
Just a thought...

Robby