[Kde-extra-gear] Approaching 4.2.2 - Anyone want your app released ?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Mar 30 20:21:45 CEST 2009

A Dilluns, 30 de març de 2009, Gilles Caulier va escriure:
> 2009/3/30 Angelo Naselli <anaselli at linux.it>:
> > mercoledì 25 marzo 2009 alle 14:36, Gilles Caulier ha scritto:
> >> Helio,
> >>
> >> Well, digiKam and Kipi-plugins from trunk can be deployed with this
> >> KDE release...
> >>
> >> Gilles Caulier
> >
> > Gilles are we going to release digikam and kipi-plugins inside extragears
> > tarball always?
>
> well, i don't know yet

You better not since you just moved the so called 0.11 branch to trunk four
days ago i'm sure there's lots of untranslated messages on it. Besides you are
going to give 0.10 a lifetime of 2 weeks?

> > If so all kipi & digikam developers must know it, or we could break
> > things sooner or later. I was about to release something, the good is i
> > haven't found the time to :)
>
> The pending question is more complex : moving kipi-plugins and digiKam
> in kdegraphics as Gwenview and linkipi, libdcraw, and libkexiv2, as it
> explained in this pool :
>
> http://www.digikam.org/drupal/node/429
>
> Your viewpoint ?

I don't see digikam moving to kdegraphics as a sensible thing, i mean is
photography handling a core thing a desktop should do? IMHO no

Albert