[Kde-extra-gear] KGraphViewer ideas ...

Kleag kleag at free.fr
Wed Jun 24 22:06:58 CEST 2009

Hi Sandro,

Le vendredi 19 juin 2009 00:24:32 Sandro Andrade, vous avez écrit :
> It would be nice if the part could also accept an Graphviz 'Agraph_t *' to
> be visualized, alternatively to the .dot file name. I have to write a
> temporary file in KDevelop (from the generated Agraph_t), which is then
> loaded by the KGraphViewer kpart.
I have started to implement that. In fact, the graphviz library is not well
documented. It's 10k km from the documentation of Qt code but I cannot
criticize, my own part is really badly documented too!
I have the first parts: layouting an Agraph_t* and then using it to update my
internal structure. Well, concerning the update, only litlle part is
implemented but now I'm working (when I have time) into adding a test load
menu in kgraphviewer that will use the API to read a dot file and then sent it
to the new layout and update code.

> > When your work will be integrated in the mainstream kdevelop, will it be
> > a problem to be dependant from a part from extragear ?
>
> I don't think so. The features I'm implementing are a single plugin for
> KDevelop. This plugin is in fact dependant from extragear, but this is
> totally insulated from KDevelop core.
OK.

Regards,

Gaël