[Kde-extra-gear] few more questions about being part of extragear

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Mon Aug 3 05:05:49 CEST 2009

Hi,

I had a few more questions about integrating Tellico into the Extragear
world. I really appreciate all the help I've been getting figuring out the
KDE SVN involvement, along with all the new translation work. It's been
really exciting for me to see all that.

* What do I need to do to get some info on the extragear website, notably
http://extragear.kde.org/apps/tellico? I'm guessing there's something in the
KDE SVN tree somewhere that I need to edit, but I didn't want to go poking
around too much.

* is there a process for announcing new releases? I plan to make releases
separate from the main KDE releases. I wasn't sure if there was anything in
particular to being extragear that I needed to be aware of.

* is there a policy on tagging and branching that I should read? If I do a
beta or pre-release, should I tag and where should I tag? I also need help
figuring out that stable tag for extragear. I read back through the mailing
list and I couldn't quite figure out what the stable tag implied.

* I'm guessing it's a big help for the translators to know about upcoming
string freezes and releases, right? If I email kde-i18n-doc, that's
sufficient?

Thanks!
Robby