[Kde-extra-gear] Extragear tarballs

Andreas Zehender zehender at kde.org
Thu Jul 10 07:41:22 CEST 2008

>On Tuesday 08 July 2008 15:59:19 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
>> On Tuesday 08 July 2008, Ian Monroe wrote:
>> > But the basic principal of releasing already-produced tarballs with a
>> > KDE release as a form of promotion might make sense in other
>> > instances. (Eg Digikam and Amarok with 4.2)
>>
>> exactly.
>
>Yes, and i add that we need a single extragear dir, not based on release, but
>where we update newer releases ( already produced or not ) or remove not
>suitable anymore.
>In any new kde launch, we add in the announce that keg apps x,y,z is available
>to consumption as well :-)

Yes, please.
The distributions don't seem to include for example kpovmodeler from
previous releases of the extragear module. I had some users complaining
about that.
I think the reason is that these releases where never published on the
kde release announcements. You had to go the ftp download page, and
surprise, there was a directory called extragear with some more
applications.

Regards,
Andreas