[Kde-extra-gear] Prepare for 4.0.1 extragear tarballs.

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Sat Jan 26 20:02:31 CET 2008

Op Saturday 26 January 2008 13:05 schreef u:
> Up to now I used the version number of the kde-release for the tarball name.
> From now on I will use the version number of the application. So this is the
> time to increase the version number if you want (don't forget to create it in
> bugzilla if needed). Also I need to know the version number.
>
> You need to edit http://websvn.kde
> org/trunk/playground/utils/createtarball/config.ini?view=markup and add a
> "version = 1.2.3" to your section. I will add a version for all apps this
> weekend, so beat me to it to save me a bit of work or overwrite it when it's
> already there and wrong.

Hi,

A small update on this.  The config file is now finished from my part.

I've added a "kde_release = yes" if you want to be included in the next release of KDE. You can remove or add it at any time you wish. For kphotoalbum I've not set that tag. And I've asked the release-team if the next release should contain a plasma tarball.

You can also add a "version = x.y.z-beta4" setting. This will be used in the tarball's name. If you leave it empty, it will use the version name of the kde release it is part of. For all applications - except ktorrent, which i've contacted - I've added the version number as I found it in the source. Please double check if you are happy with it.

I've update the wiki page as well.

Again the links:
http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Projects/extragearReleases#Applications
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/utils/createtarball/config.ini?view=markup