[Kde-extra-gear] libksane release getting closer

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Jan 16 00:09:49 CET 2008

A Dilluns 14 Gener 2008, Kåre Särs va escriure:
> Hi,
>
> I think libksane is featurewise quite close to a first release. I have some
> things tho that I'm not sure of yet.
>
> 1) Most strings for the sane options come from libsane. What is the best
> way to get translations for strings coming from non KDE libraries?

Is the libsane library translatable? If so, you could motivate KDE translators
to translate it, if not, if the messages are known beforehand you should
create a dummy.cpp file with
I18N_NOOP("foo");
I18N_NOOP("bar");
and then call i18n() on the string returned by libsane.

If strings can not be translated in libsane nor they can not be known
beforehand there's nothing you can do and you should contact sane people to
get into the future and provide a way to translate their messages.

Albert