[Kde-extra-gear] State of "stability" on kde 4 codebase

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 13:49:36 CEST 2007

Helio,

digiKam is fully ported to KDE4/Qt4 and compile fine.

Port of KDE3/Qt3 code is under stabilisation/finalization, but it's not yet
suitable everywhere. There are few crash which appears. Also, not all the
new features are yet implemented, especially about :

- the new database structure.
- the new advanced search tools.
- full support of XMP metadata, especially in writting mode.

This is why i would said than digiKam still in alpha stage. We have planed
to release final around christmast, if all work fine.

We would to see digiKam for KDE4 in beta1 before of course, but not yet with
future KDE4 beta release. This can be certainly done later for next beta
stage, probably around november.

Regards

Gilles Caulier