[Kde-extra-gear] inclusion of crypto plugin

Charles Connell charles at connells.org
Mon Oct 22 00:14:35 CEST 2007

I wrote to Helio about this and got no response, so I'm writing here.

The Kopete Cryptography plugin was recently (one month ago) moved out of
KDE/kdenetwork and into extragear/network. It compiles against trunk/KDE,
and is at least as stable as Kopete itself is. It is not in kdenetwork
because it depends on kdepim. Rather than make kdenetwork depend on kdepim,
we moved it to extragear (I originally moved it to kdeaddons, but was told
that extragear was better, so I moved it again). I would like the plugin to
be included in the KDE 4.0.0 release, as kdenetwork and Kopete will be.

Could anyone tell me what I need to do to make this happen?

If you give the release is OK, I'll do the little blurb on extragear.kde.org
for the plugin.

Thank you,

Charles Connell