[Kde-extra-gear] Starting two instances of Yakuake?

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Fri Oct 5 15:08:07 CEST 2007

Alexandru Lazar wrote:
> I have dual monitors using Xinerama, and I would like to start two separate
> instances of Yakuake and map the dropdown action to two different keys - one
> for the left monitor, one for the right monitor.  I am guessing this would
> mean two different Yakuake profiles?

You can short-circuit KUniqueApplication's single
instance mechanic by using the --nofork command
line argument, however the --config command line
argument to specify a different config file unfor-
tunately doesn't work with applications that use
the modern KConfigXT framework to manage their
preferences, so they're going to start using the
same configuration.

For now, the most straight-forward solution would
probably be to build a second Yakuake with source
code modified to use a different application name
and config file name.

FWIW, the option to have multiple Yakuake win-
dows for multiple Xinerama screens from a single
instance is under consideration.

--
Regards,
Eike Hein, hein at kde.org