[Kde-extra-gear] K3b 1.0.4 released

Sebastian Trüg trueg at k3b.org
Fri Nov 2 22:43:21 CET 2007

Hello folks,

It has been a while since I worked on K3b and now that I did most of my time
went into the work on K3b 1.1 (or maybe even 2.0 as the great Laurent Montel
will help me with the KDE 4 port of K3b in two weeks. We will have a little
workshop at the Mandriva office in Paris actually).
But I also tried to put a little work into the stable branch and the result is
this fourth bugfix release of the 1.0 series.

* K3b now silently allows the burning of files bigger than 4 GB if an
  appropriate version of genisoimage or mkisofs is installed ("silently" means
  that I did not introduce any new messages)
* I was not able to find the aweful "disabled DMA" bug but I introduced a
  little workaround which hopefully solves it for many of you (BTW: K3b from
  svn trunk does support  DVD burning with cdrecord.)
* Never use growisofs parameter -dvd-compat with DVD-RW media in restricted
  overwrite mode (some drivesdo not like that)
* Unmount medium before DVD formatting

well, not much, but there will be more soon. :)

Have fun, the sources can be found at http://www.k3b.org/download as always.

Cheers,
Sebastian