[Kde-extra-gear] Farewell, so long, the four is coming ...

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Jun 1 00:21:45 CEST 2007

On Thursday 31 May 2007, Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
> On Monday 28 May 2007 18:37:45 Helio Chissini de Castro wrote:
> > Hi all and sorry for crosspost, but this info need to reach all lists.
> >
> > From today up to Friday, i'm asking for current extragear developers to
> > prepare for moving kde 3 based applications for extragear branch, as we
> > discussed on extragear list last weeks.
>
> As far as Gwenview is concerned, current extragear code can be moved to the
> KDE3 branch, but I have been working on a KDE4 port/rewrite in
> playground/graphics/gwenview. The original idea was to move
> playground/graphics/gwenview to kdegraphics.
>
> Aseigo contacted me about the move but I didn't feel like I would be able
> to meet the KDE4.0 deadlines at that time, so the move have not happened
> (yet). Unless I get a firm answer saying that Gwenview will be moved to
> kdegraphics for KDE4.0, I will probably have to move
> playground/graphics/gwenview to extragear after the KDE3 version is moved
> to the KDE3 branch. Is it ok for you?

i actually took a look at the latest and greatest gwenview in playground just
yesterday =) it isn't ready for prime time(tm) usage yet, but the interface
is a very nice step forward. however, we now have until july 25 to finish out
features and what not.

i would very much like to see gwenview in kdegraphics, but leave it up to you
to provide guidance as whether or not the july 25 date is realistic for you.

if it isn't, we'll move it in for 4.1, and move it to extragear for 4.0. we
can even release it as part of extragear for 4.0 before doing the
switch-a-roo into kdegraphics proper for 4.1.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se