[Kde-extra-gear] Kopete-Skype dieing out, how to remove

Will Stephenson wstephenson at kde.org
Sun Feb 11 20:52:51 CET 2007

On Friday 09 February 2007 12:04, Michal 'vorner' Vaner wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 11:48:48AM +0100, Will Stephenson wrote:
> > On Friday 09 February 2007 00:06, Helio Chissini de Castro said:
> > > Ok, let's wait a bit and see if someone step up with some idea of
> > > maintainership, otherwise i will remove from repository
> >
> > I'll ask the Skype devs (again) if they have any plans to update the dbus
> > version they are building against.  They might as well disable it as ship
> > with 0.22.
>
> Well, they added X11 messaging. But it would mean rewrite of one
> complete layer of the plugin, I would have to learn X11 messaging, test
> it somehow and so on.
>
> It would need a volunteer for that…

They are working on a new linux version with updated dbus, so I would keep the
plugin in extragear.

Apparently X11 messaging is simpler than dbus  and not that hard to do, the
protocol is the same, it's just the transport is different.  There's example
code here: http://bzr.madfire.net/moodgeist_pinger

Will
--
Will Stephenson