[Kde-extra-gear] Tarball creation software.

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Thu Dec 27 23:01:10 CET 2007

Hi,

I just checked[2] in a script which you all can use to create tarballs of your extragear applications. It is based on a ruby script of markey, which was based on cvs2dist once. Long history ;-)

Anyway, make sure your application is listed in config.ini and run the create_tarball.rb script. It will ask you the version number (by default the version number of the latest kde-tag) and give the application you want a tarball (or multiple or 'all')

It will fetch the source, documentation, po translations and desktop files and puts them in a tarball for you.

As I use the script to provide tarballs each release of kde[1], I will make sure the script will be ok, but contribute to it please.

Known bugs:
- translations of the docbooks are not yet completed, will be when someone needs it

Toma
[1] http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Projects/extragearReleases
[2] http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/utils/createtarball/