[Kde-extra-gear] filelight -i18n compilation

Raúl Sánchez Siles rasasi78 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 23:30:54 CEST 2007

  Hello All:

I sent this e-mail to the Filelight author some time ago but since a) he's
short of time and b) he's not an expert with -i18n; I'm requesting some
help here.

I'm trying to compile filelight-1.0 i18n in order to help to complete the
filelight packaging for Debian. I get the app tarball to build and package,
I sent it to the Debian Maintainer who I'm expecting to have an answer
from.

  Now it's turn to make it for the i18n tarball[1]. I'm trying first to get
it to build so I do this (after extracting tarball and going to the dir):
  1)make -f admin/Makefile.common (results in Makefile.common.output
attached)
  2)configure --prefix=/usr (config.log attached)
  3)make

  This last make told me what make.output(attached) tells and also find the
make -d output in errors.make.new.zip(attached).

  4)If I issue make for the 2nd time now, it stalls (debug output in
errors.make.2ndtime attached) and does nothing till I press ctrl-C. If I
remove the file configure.files then the state is as it was after 2).

  Now I attach the resulting Makefile's for the top source dir, the doc dir,
the doc/es, the po dir and the po/es dir. (Makefile.filelight-i18n.
{main,doc,doc.es,podir,po.es} attached).

  Just to compare out, I also took similar files from the gwenview project
i18n tarball with the intention that it could shed some light. These are the
Makefile's for the top source, the es dir and the es/messages.
(Makefile.gwenview-i18n.{main,es,es.messages} attached).

  I'm currently using Debian unstable and I think I have all the necessary
packages installed, but if you want to make sure or you thing there any
lacking info, you just have to ask. You have surely noticed that I'm not
very used to KDE build system, yet I think I could success building
filelight.

  Sorry for the longish, attachy and possibly disturbing e-mail, but I hope
this could help to spread kde apps a little more.

  Thanks for your attention and help.