[Kde-extra-gear] Adding code using KExif to the images gallery plugin

Achim Bohnet ach at mpe.mpg.de
Fri Mar 24 14:38:45 CET 2006

On Friday 24 March 2006 13:34, Con Ruane wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I use the ImagesGallery out of Digikam to generate galleries for my web
> site.
Hi,

fyi: imagegallery is part of kipi-plugins.  kipi-plugins are discussed on
kde-imaging mailing list.

> I wanted to change the look of the generated html to match my site so I
> downloaded the source code and added some hard coding to do what I wanted.
>
> I also wanted to have the exif date and time displayed under the photos so I
> added some code using libkexif functions to do what I wanted.
>
> It took me a while to get everything compiling successfully and working but
> I did succeed in the end.

htmlgallery plugin, a replacement for Imagegallery is under development. You'll
find it in KDE svn trunk/extragear/libs/kipi-plugins/.  At addresses the adoption of
look.  Not sure about exif infos (I havn't tried the new plugin yet).

> That was some time ago using SuSE 9.3.
>
> Now I've updated to SuSE 10.0 (fresh install) but I can't get ImagesGallery
> to compile with libkexif stuff in it.
>
> The compile actually works, it's the link step that stops with this error:
>
> .libs/imagesgallery.o: In function
> `KIPIImagesGalleryPlugin::ImagesGallery::createBody(QTextStream&,
> QStringList const&, KURL const&, QString const&, QString const&)':
> imagesgallery.cpp:(.text+0xbfcc): undefined reference to
> `KExifData::KExifData()'
> imagesgallery.cpp:(.text+0xbfd4): undefined reference to
> `KExifData::~KExifData()'
>
> The only code I have in there at the moment for testing is the just
> definition of a KExifData object.

You need to link against libkexif too.  You should have already the
-devel pkgs installed otherwise it would have complained earlier
about missing header files.

Achim

                                      -- reddy at lion.austin.ibm.com