[Kde-extra-gear] About ktorrent translations

Joris Guisson joris.guisson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 19:42:07 CEST 2006

I use the update_l10n_stable.sh script to update the stable translations :

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/scripts/

> Also i'm not completely sure it is a good idea to overwrite stable files with
> trunk ones without asking team leaders or kde-i18n-doc because maybe stable
> ones are more translated that trunk ones, but that is another question.

I believe the current way of doing things is to translate in trunk and
only do stable when the specific app is in string freeze. That's why
before string freeze the stable translations need to be updated.
Seeing that this is the current way of doing things, the script isn't
doing anything wrong.

Unless the current way has changed ? (I haven't really followed the
extra gear mailing list the last few months) Maybe somebody else can
clarify this ?

Joris,