[Kde-extra-gear] K3b 0.12.6 released

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 27 11:26:57 CET 2006

On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 09:19:47AM +0100, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Koos Vriezen wrote:
> >Hmm, I have this strange bt. Note deMediafyUrl() does
> >  return KIO::NetAccess::mostLocalURL (url, 0L);
> >and
> >  KMPlayer::URLSource::kioData()
> >is from a connect of a job already emit'ed result(), so that connection
> >should be gone (job does deleteLater() then).
>
> It's possible that the job isn't deleted yet at that time.
>
> One thing that you could try is to disconnect the signals when you get the
> result() signal. But it is strange nonetheless that mostLocalURL can
> cause a finished job to emit data().
>
> Kévin, any ideas?

The signal is strange, but this report isn't about that (though I still
don't understand it but, given that in this case there was a SMIL file,
it's probably data from another request).
The point was:

#27 0xb7cbcf37 in KIO::NetAccess::enter_loop ()
   from /.../kde/lib/libkio.so.4
#28 0xb7d246db in KIO::NetAccess::statInternal ()
   from /.../kde/lib/libkio.so.4
#29 0xb7d247a8 in KIO::NetAccess::stat ()
   from /.../kde/lib/libkio.so.4
#30 0xb7d2492b in KIO::NetAccess::mostLocalURL ()

This is quite heavey for only checking for a local url. And I, according
the crash, get a KIO::Job signal in the eventloop of NetAccess::stat()
when starting to play. Which means, in case of kmplayer, that should not
happen at any time. This should be done, in case of kmplayer, asynchrone
or not at all. Is that possible?

Koos