[Kde-extra-gear] PwManager-2.0 Future and Maintainership

Michael Buesch mbuesch at freenet.de
Sat Jan 7 12:28:22 CET 2006

Hi,

I am a little bit worried, that the PwManager-2.0 project will
die, soon. Version 2.0 is the current unstable version in trunk.

I lack the time to continue development on this still highly
experimental codebase. The 2.0 core, a KWallet-like server based
backend, is 90% finished. The only thing missing is the code for
multi-instance data propagation (called the "HistoryBlobs" in PwManager
terms).
The major missing thing is a good GUI. This is a lot of work.
The current GUI is not sufficient for production use and has to
be completely rewritten. I began to rewrite it, but I don't have the
time to finish it.

So, if someone likes to continue 2.0 development, I can dig out
the GUI-rewrite code.

I think I am able to continue 1.2 maintainership, as this branch is
completely frozen and stable. I will also port it to KDE4, once
the first beta releases of KDE4 happen.

Ah, and the KDE4 port of 2.0 is also pending. ;) It should be easy,
though, as the whole code was written with KDE4 portability in mind.

So, if someone is interrested in becoming the PwManager Maintainer
(and main developer), please contact me.

--
Greetings Michael.