[Kde-extra-gear] Gwenview maintainership

Aurelien Gateau aurelien.gateau at free.fr
Sun Dec 10 22:58:15 CET 2006

Hello lists,

I am running short of free time these days, and it's getting more and more
difficult to find the motivation to work on Gwenview.

I have been maintaining this project for six years, that's quite long. I think
it's time for me to acknowledge that I exhausted my interest in maintaining
and improving Gwenview.

During these six years, Gwenview managed to attract quite a few users, but
failed to attract any dedicated developers. Nevertheless, I do hope that
someone will step in to take over maintainership of Gwenview. If you think
you've got what it takes to keep Gwenview alive (that is: C++/KDE skills and
interest in images, obviously) I would be very happy to hear from you.

Regards,
Aurélien