[Kde-extra-gear] Moving KGraphViewer from kdereview to extragear/graphics

Kleag kleag at free.fr
Sun Aug 20 12:15:03 CEST 2006

Hello,

I will move, probably this evening, kgraphviewer from kdereview to extragear
(graphics). I have some questions before to proceed.

To move from kdereview to extragear, I will do:
svn move svn+ssh://kleag@svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/kdereview/kgraphviewer
svn+ssh://kleag@svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/extragear/graphics/kgraphviewer
And then move existing french po and doc to the correct places. Is it OK ?

Docs on the extragear website say:
>  Authors are expected to keep their release info up to date and to define
freeze periods and release dates.
How to do that ? Is there a defined place where to put this info, except by
mail to kde-i18n ? Also, in the case of an independent release, is there an
automated way to get all necessary files (sources, l10n, doc, admin,...) ? I
finally found scripts/createPackage.sh. It seems to be the correct tool, but
this should be emphasized in the docs.

Finally, I was not able to find in SVN the released extragear modules with
documentations and translations.

> Authors must provide a TAG called stable ( lower case ) on
tags/stable/extragear/<KEG-MODULE>/<yourapp>, which will be pointing to the
latest stable code on repository. If you prefer have a stable BRANCH, please
remember to always update tags pointing to this branch.
Will do it for 1.0.2.

> Translations will be available on i10n/<LANG>/<KEG-MODULE>
I'm ready to put existing french translation there. But who is reponsible to
generate the initial pot file ? Should there be a messages section in the
main Makefile.am ?

> Authors must provide a text file called APPINFO providing the current
version, small description and full description in english using this format:
> Version: 0.x.x.x
> SmallDescription: small one line description talking about apps
OK, ready to do so, but where should I put this file ? I was unable to find
any APPINFO file in SVN. In fact, this is probably not a textfile with the
above format, but an XML one (trunk/www/areas/extragear/apps/XXX.xml), is
it ? So this paragraph should probably be removed from the doc.

> Do Release Preparations
> What to do when you plan to do a release.
> Update the website (update information in inc/appinfo.inc, your
apps/YOURAPP.xml and subdir or mail Helio)
>    Notify the Translation team at kde-i18n-doc(at)mail.kde.org about i10n
freeze.
Will do it for 1.0.2
Change
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/www/areas/extragear/inc/appinfo.inc?rev=571147&view=markup

Should I put the doc into trunk/extragear/graphics/doc/kgraphviewer/ ?

Thanks in advance for your answers. Regards,

Kleag
--
KsirK - a turn-based strategy game for KDE
http://gna.org/projects/ksirk

KGraphViewer - a GraphViz dot graphs viewer
http://gna.org/projects/kgraphviewer