[Kde-extra-gear] Release howto

Aurelien Gateau aurelien.gateau at free.fr
Fri Sep 23 00:58:18 CEST 2005

Hello,

I announced a few days ago I would write a small documentation about the
branches. Here it is.

I decided to go a bit further and document the release process, as far as
extragear is concerned. This howto merges some stuff from
http://extragear.kde.org/home/docs.php and add a few other things.

Concerning the format, for now it is a plain text file, rather than HTML.
Having an HTML documentation is nicer, but I fear less people will update/fix
it so I suggest to put this file as is in trunk/extragear/ and to either:
- link to it from the website, with an URL like this:
  http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/graphics/README?view=markup
- include it via php, like this:
<pre>
<?php
readfile("http://websvn.kde.org/*checkout*/trunk/extragear/graphics/README");
?>
</pre>

But if you prefer it to be pure HTML, I could just merge this with
www/areas/extragear/home/docs.php.

Attached is a first version. Please let me know what you think about it.

Regards,
  Aurélien