[Kde-extra-gear] Feedback about RELEASE_HOWTO

Aurelien Gateau aurelien.gateau at free.fr
Mon Oct 3 16:07:39 CEST 2005

Helio Chissini de Castro wrote:

> Em Friday 30 September 2005 17:41, Aurelien Gateau escreveu:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Just wanted to ask for some feedback about the RELEASE_HOWTO document I
>> posted a week ago. Helio, what do you think about it? Should I commit it?
>>
>> Regards,
>>   Aurélien
>
> I'm ok with document. Please go ahead and commit.

Hum, but I had a few questions regarding the document. I'll restate them
here:

------------
Concerning the format, for now it is a plain text file, rather than HTML.
Having an HTML documentation is nicer, but I fear less people will update
fix it so I suggest to put this file as is in trunk/extragear/ and to
either:
- link to it from the website, with an URL like this:
  http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/graphics/README?view=markup
- include it via php, like this:
<pre>
<?php
readfile("http://websvn.kde.org/*checkout*/trunk/extragear/graphics
README");
?>
</pre>

But if you prefer it to be pure HTML, I could just merge this with
www/areas/extragear/home/docs.php.
------------

------------
> Does it mean that I should use stable branch instead of stable tag? Or is
> this optional?

IMHO, a moving tag is a branch... so I'm all for using branches/stable
instead of tags/stable. But the final word should go to Helio.

What do you think about this Helio? Do we really need branches/stable and
tags/stable?

> Anyway, i will try compile all apps with current bksys this weekend to see
> status.

Would be nice :-)

Regards,
  Aurélien