[Kde-extra-gear] stable tags

Sebastian Trueg sebastian at trueg.de
Sat May 28 18:14:12 CEST 2005

> On Saturday 28 May 2005 17:30, Sebastian Trueg wrote:
>> just so I get this right: in svn tags are simple copies. That means if
>> I want to move a tag I have to delete it and then create a copy of the
>> new content? Or is there a simpler way?
>
> Use "svn move". Internally it copies+deletes, but the net result is a
> move  operation.

What I meant by "move" was: move tag stable from version 0.11 to version
0.12, not move the tag inside the svn tree.
>> Regarding the translations: where are the stable translations are
>> kept? Stephan said he would like to
>> havebranches/stable/extragear/multimedia/k3b .. so that scripty can
>> update the translations from there. But where to? Will they go into
>> branches/stable/l10n/...?
>
> IMHO the whole l10n systems needs to be re-evaluated for extragear.
> E.g. we  need branched translations for some applications.

I think so, too.
But where should the translations go? into the app's branch? or into a
branch by the same name in the l10n tree?
And what about the docs. I saw that the amarok stable tag also contains
the docs. Wouldn't it be better to also have a doc dir in the stable tree.
That way the tree structure would be the same as in trunk..