[Kde-extra-gear] confused about tags

Helio Chissini de Castro helio at kde.org
Fri Jun 24 16:01:48 CEST 2005

Em Sex 24 Jun 2005 10:43, Renchi Raju escreveu:
> On Fri, 24 Jun 2005, Renchi Raju wrote:
> > sorry if this has been asked before. what's the procedure of adding tags
> > when a new release is made: essentially where exactly is the tag to be
> > created? i understand there is a stable/extragear/* which is for adding
> > stable tags. but what about a release specific tag? there doesn't seem
> > to be uniformity in where the tags are created: the only example i could
> > find was for amarok which made its own subdir in /tags/ and added its
> > release tags there. but some other apps seem to be creating them in the
> > toplevel /tags directory.
>
> an attempt to create a digikam subdir in tags/ failed. same problem as
> Sebastian: insufficient karma. Sebastian, did you find a solution to this
> or do we have to bang on coolo's door to get this done? :)
>
> renchi

Right place for digikam is:
tags/stable/extragear/graphics/
You can see kimdaba is already there

The purpose is have LATEST stable release of app ever..
So, every new official stable release you must tag again.
The whole reason is make an easy way to create packages on KDE releases just
looking in one place.

[]'s

--
Helio Chissini de Castro
KDE Project South America Primary Contact