[Kde-extra-gear] docs.kde.org renovation

Rainer Endres endres at physos.org
Wed Jun 22 18:45:51 CEST 2005

The KDE Documentation page [http://docs.kde.org] received a rewrite for
backend and frontend resulting in added functionality. It is now easier to
use and easier to maintain (for me largely Python illiterate person).

- 20 languages
- stable (currently KDE 3.4) and in development documentation for all
languages
- Search the Docs
- User Guide and FAQ are prominently placed and shown in the selected
  language if they are translated.
- KDE Extragear _complete_ in the development documentation.
- and much more under the hood.

The URLs for the actual documentation changed. (docs.kde.org/en/HEAD/... ->
docs.kde.org/development/en/...) There are rewrite rules in place which seem
to work pretty good.

One thing I can not manage with rewrite rules in a efficient manner are the
extragears, since the Subversion structure changed significantly.
(kdeextragear-3 --> extragear-??)

Please adjust your paths if you link to extragear documentation. Thanks.

You want to have your langauge there? Translate some docs and drop me a mail.
Without a good reason the threshold is 5 translated docs or the User Guide.
You have a good reason? Write me a mail.

I want to announce on the dot tomorrow, so please help iron out the last
glitches, thanks.

	Rainer