[Kde-extra-gear] graphics/showimg: impossible to build

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Jul 12 06:25:31 CEST 2005

Hello,

I've been trying to build extragear/graphics but it is impossible to do
so. The showimg application inside it makes wrong assumptions about the
paths. The only way to compile extragear/graphics is to add showimg to
DO_NOT_COMPILE.

There are two problems with showimg: one major and one minor.

The minor problem is that unsermake does not support relative paths in -I
(like -I../..). I would appreciate if those paths were replaced with
paths starting on $(top_builddir) or $(builddir).

The major problem is that showimg doesn't understand $(top_builddir). It
assumes $(top_builddir) = extragear/graphics/showimg, which is clearly
not true. $(top_builddir) points to extragear/graphics.

Can the Makefiles be adapted to reflect the real situation?
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

2. Tó cennan his weorc gearu, ymbe se circolwyrde, wearð se cægbord and se
leohtspeccabord, and þa mýs cómon lator. On þone dæg, he hine reste.