[Kde-extra-gear] bksys - STOP IT

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Wed Jul 6 00:25:15 CEST 2005

Jeroen Wijnhout wrote:
>On Tuesday 05 July 2005 08:56 pm, Joris Guisson wrote:
>> We'll have to wait for KDE4 then.
>
>BTW, if you want to test scons/bksys, then you can create a branch and
>experiment there. I'm sure that this will be much appreciated as the
> only way to decide about a new buildsystem is to use it.

I think one small project like ktorrent or others can use a custom build
system *in addition* to the standard KDE one. If all it takes is a subdir
and a couple of Sconstruct files, it should be fine.

Besides, it can help the choosing of one build system for next year.

What you may not do is make the program not compile using the standard
tools. At least for now.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

5. Swa he géanhwearf tó timbran, and hwonne he cóm, lá! Unix cwæð "Hello,
World". Ǽfre ǽghwilc wæs glæd and seo woruld wæs fréo.