[Kde-extra-gear] Dependency on external library

Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò flameeyes at users.berlios.de
Wed Jan 19 03:01:38 CET 2005

Hi,
I'm still working in rewrite of KNetLoad so that it will be more "inline" with
the rest of KDE and also to make it more useful.
As the rewrite of the local (classical) part is quite complete, I'll start
next month (after university exam probably) to work at the SNMP support.

To do that I'm going to use my own libksnmp that I created for my ATMOSphere
project.

So I have two problems:

a) it's right to add a (partial and hopefully optional) dependency on a
library which is not direct part of KDE?

b) How I can check for it presence to make it dependency optional? I spent
some time studying autoconf for another project, but I'm still not able to
find a clean way to check for the presence of a library which uses C++
classes.
Can someone point me on a simple way to check this?

Thanks in advance,
--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
flameeyes at users.berlios.de - http://flameeyes.web.ctonet.it/