[Kde-extra-gear] Re: ATTENTION: Request for trunk name..

tightcode tightcode at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 9 11:12:51 CEST 2005

I just wanted to add that my vote was also for "extra"
I feel that extragear is a misnomer because software really shouldn't be
referred to as gear. Following any dictionary definition of gear you have to
really bend the definition to make it fit. This will get worse for the many non
native English users to make sense of. Perhaps it was "cool" at the time it was
chosen but now I feel it is both innapropriate and jaded.

Cheers, TightCode