[Kde-extra-gear] Re: For all apps maintainers - subversion ?

Christian Hubinger e9806056 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Oct 20 15:19:25 CEST 2004

Sebastian Sauer wrote:

>Hi Christian,
>

>>The only reason not to switch are for me the poor clients that are
>>available for the *NIX platform. Under Win$ with TortoiseSVN it's a
>>pleashure to work with SVN.

Hi Sebastian,

>Did you try rapidsvn as GUI-client? and if so, what features are missing
>there?

Yes i tried that. Well there aren't features missing but i do not like
the handlig of it as a seperate app - since i'm using tortoise SVN on M$
i know how a comfortable SVN client should work.
But i shurely know that doing a similar thing under linux would be much
more trouble, as you have to deal with several different file managers
konqueror, nautilus etc.
So in the end RapidSVN is a really good client but i personaly dislike
the idea of having an *extra* application from managing my versioned
files - the way Cervisia works with konqueror is more the way i like it
- not shure but i heard that someone is working on SVN intigraton in
cervisia so i think that shouldn't be a topic anymore quite soon.
Until a real (file manager) intigrated GUI is available i'll stick at
the commandline client.

greetings,
chris

btw: we use svn at our company for a while now and i'm really not
missing cvs....