[Kde-extra-gear] cvsExtract and Subversion

Jeroen Wijnhout Jeroen.Wijnhout at kdemail.net
Tue Oct 19 19:22:21 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 19 October 2004 16:54, Michael Buesch wrote:
> Quoting Jeroen Wijnhout <Jeroen.Wijnhout at kdemail.net>:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Since there was recent discussion about using Subversion and making live
> > easier for packagers, I started to rewrite the cvsExtract.sh script.
>
> What's the cvsExtract.sh script? Is it something like
> kdesdk/scripts/cvs2dist? If so, what about implementing the following

Yes, it is a similar script. However imho cvsExtract is more suitable for KEG.
It is located in kdeextragear-1/scripts.

> features I added to cvs2dist in your createPackage.sh? (hm, I don't like
> upper case letters in filenames)
>
> Feature to exclude languages. Especially stuff as "xx" and
> known incomplete languages.

No, but you can included languages using the -l option.

> Moving files around in the final package.

I'm planning to allow a script to be run on the untarred, unzipped package
directory. This script can move around as much files as you want.

Want kind of files do you want to move around? The only ones I can imaging are
the GNU files (TODO, README, etc.), these are allready automatically moved.

> I need these two features for PwManager.
>

> If createPackage.sh is not intented to replace cvs2dist, sorry for the
> noise.

It is not intended to replace cvs2dist, although I'm pretty sure the
cvsExtract (and createPackage) will be much better suited for KEG:
1) You can specify different tags for translations, admin dir, source, etc.
This is much needed because at the time of release of a KEG app,
kde-common/admin might not be stable (so you will need to specify a tag for
this).
2) If KEG is going to switch to Subversion, we need a specialized script that
can deal with CVS and Subversion at the same time.

best,
Jeroen
--
Kile - an Integrated LaTeX Environment for KDE
http://kile.sourceforge.net