[Kde-extra-gear] For all apps maintainers - subversion ?

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at kde.org
Mon Oct 11 07:36:24 CEST 2004

On Sunday 10 October 2004 19:02, Helio Chissini de Castro wrote:
| Can we ( keg ) apply as the first modules to change to subversion ?
| Coolo ask about have permissions of all keg apps maintainers and of course
| was my intention.
|
| Reasons that i believe to accept:
| - Different from kdenonbeta, keg is a usable and live repository, so would
| be a real case.
| - Coming from new layout soon
| - Proof of stability
|
| Please, i dare for a simple and direct answers since there's already have a
| svn discussion on core-devel
|
| Thanks in advance and sorry for too much annoyance on this days.
As I said in my previous email, I'm more than keen on *not* being the test
dummy on this (So if I must, we should be really sure that we know what to go
for). So before we go ahead, are we sure that it is subversion we want at
all? By now there are a bunch of good alternatives out there.

I would be much more happy about this if someone would stand up as being the
guru on this. Someone who would not be offended when we write them with
simple questions like how do I branch with subversion etc. Pointing to a FAQ
is OK, but shouting back that you should have read all of the manual first is
not. I really would hate all of us to waste enormous amount of time getting
into subversion as long as we are not even sure that is the tool we want.

Cheers
Jesper

thousands of images?

http://ktown.kde.org/kimdaba might be the answer.