[Kde-extra-gear] Re: Hello and let's start to bugging everyone with proposals :-)

Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò dgp85 at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Oct 6 12:20:41 CEST 2004

Jeroen Wijnhout wrote:
> Ok, one last try: Helios is _telling_ us that at this moment getting the
> latest release is not easy to do. You can say: oh, you just have to do
> this or that. Sure, it is possible, not easy. You can't _just grab_ the
> latest release, you have to find it first ;-)
I'm still thinking why a packager should download the 'stable' release from
CVS, I think all we are releasing a tarball with the stable sources on our
site, at least I'm.

If you are saying that searching over many sites is difficult, but then I
think a better way to accomplish that is to have a single page with a table
with apps' names, latest stable release number, latest development release
number and links to the download (possibly direct, or sf.net download page
for project which uses sf.net for project webpage/release system).

Also I think that the releases, at least as far as I can see with the
cvsExtract.sh script (which I actually used only one time for now ;) ),
contains also the language data, single admin directories and a 'personal'
configure.

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
dgp85 at users.sourceforge.net - http://flameeyes.web.ctonet.it/