[Kde-extra-gear] Hello and let's start to bugging everyone with proposals :-)

Mark Kretschmann markey at web.de
Wed Oct 6 08:41:54 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 05 October 2004 22:53, Helio Chissini de Castro wrote:
> 1 - CRITICAL ONE - About keg modules new layout
> Recent thread suggests a new way to divide keg modules. One of most
> appreciate sugestions is move keg-1,2,3 to keg-multimedia, keg-utilities,
> etc..

I second this proposal.

> 2 - Please have mercy of packagers :-)
> Create a keg_release_branch !

This seems pointless to me. The applications are already tagged for releases.
Distros are supposed to use the tagged stable program versions. Where's the
problem?

Besides, any proper distro will do some quality and stability testing for each
app anyway. It's not like they could just pull the whole module from CVS and
burn it to CD. Who would want that?

--Mark