[Kde-extra-gear] Fwd: Re: libkipi in keg3

Klas Kalaß klas.kalass at gmx.de
Sat Mar 13 21:47:20 CET 2004

Am Samstag 13 März 2004 21:12 schrieb Jesper K. Pedersen:
> On Saturday 13 March 2004 21:05, Henrique Pinto wrote:
> | Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
> | > I'm not yet compatible with KMail ;-)

Well, for some applications they need 3rd party libraries. And if those 3rd
party libraries are in kdesupport, you can say that it depends on kdesupport
(given you want the application that depends on the lib).

The taglib stuff already showed the problems that will arise if we allow
libraries in the Extra Gear modules: amarok made keg-1 depend on keg-2 and
kdemultimedia, juk made kdemultimedia depend on keg-2, and AFAIK kmplayer
from keg-2 has a runtime dependency on kdemultimedia for arts control. Yay.

I do not oppose a keg-libs module, but I don't see the need for it either
since we already have kdesupport.

So where exactly is the problem with putting libkipi in kdesupport?

Regards,
  Klas