[Kde-extra-gear] Porting Digikam core to KDE CVS...

Klas Kalaß klas.kalass at gmx.de
Wed Jun 2 15:24:11 CEST 2004

Hi Gilles,

I just tried to compile kdeextragear-libs-1 and kdeextragear-3 and found that
the import of digikam introduced a couple of problems.

First of all, the idea of the libs module is that it may *not* depend on any
kdeextragear* module and that no main kde module may depend on it.
Furthermore, apart from the dependency from kdeextragear-n on
kdeextragear-libs-n there must not be any dependencies between KDE Extra Gear
Modules.

That said, currently kdeextragear-libs-1 depends on digikam which is in
kdeextragear-3. Please move the digikam lib to kdeextragear-libs-1 (kl1) to
resolve that issue.

Second, the configure checks in kl1 do not work properly. They should fail
when not all prerequisites are met, disabling only those parts which have
those prerequisites. But currently configure went fine even though I do not
have imlib-devel installed and although I am missing digikam lib (which
should be in kl1 anyways).

In kdeextragear-3, the import of digikam caused configure to bail out
completely when requirements of digikam are not met.
This must not happen, you need to make sure that digikam is simply disabled
from compilation when your prerequisites are not met. But please tell the user
what was disabled and why :-)

Please fix those issues.

Regards,
  Klas