[Kde-extra-gear] Problem with the kdeextragear buildsystem

Sebastian Trueg trueg at k3b.org
Thu Jul 1 20:31:31 CEST 2004

Hi,

I changed K3b's directory structure a lot and now I want to use a
Makefile.am.in which contains cvs.sh hints as follows:

COMPILE_BEFORE_libk3b = libk3bdevice
COMPILE_BEFORE_src = libk3b
COMPILE_BEFORE_plugins = libk3b
COMPILE_BEFORE_k3bsetup = libk3b

It works perfectly when I build from the k3b dir (linking Makefile.cvs and
admin inside the k3b dir and calling "make -f Makefile.cvs"). But when
configuring from the kdeextragear directory the k3b dir is skipped because of
the missing Makefile.am.
The second thing is that I use DO_NOT_COMPILE in k3b's configure.in.in to
disable k3bsetup. Since when compiling in kdeextragear the k3b dir is not the
top srcdir this does not have the desired effect.
I don't think this can be solved with the current build system, or can it? I
personally don't know enough about it to patch it.... Klas? Any ideas?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Sebastian