[Kde-extra-gear] Re: Message freeze for KimDaBa

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at kde.org
Fri Jan 30 09:16:46 CET 2004

"Erik K. Pedersen" <erik at binghamton.edu> writes:

| Torsdag 29 januar 2004 07:18   skrev Malcolm Hunter:
| > Hi Jesper,
| >
| > On Thursday 29 Jan 2004 22:04, Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
| > > First of all, let me thank all of you who already have made translations
| > > of KimDaBa.
| > >
| > > I've stopped adding new messages to kdeextragear-2/kimdaba tonight, and
| > > will make a release on Thursday 12/2, which is two weeks from now.
| > >
| > > I've made a single change since scripty executed yesterday, so the pot
| > > file should be almost up to date.
| >
| > I've made a few changes after proof-reading the messages. There shouldn't
| > be any more commits by me.
| >
| > Regards,
| > Malcolm
|

| It would be nice to know how translations in kdeextragear end up getting
| distributed. I stopped translating kdenonbeta because it became fairly clear
| they ended up in /dev/null or something like that. I know how koffice and the
| regular modules get distributed, and I thought the programs in kdeextragear
| were distributed with all translations, but after the discussion on this list
| that is obviously not the case. So do they get distributed in any way?

I can obviously not speak for all programs in kdeextragear, as each of them
are shipped separately, but I if there should be a kdeextragear project
reading this and disagree, please speak up.

KimDaBa uses cvs2dist to make packages. cvs2dist checks out both kind of
translations, ie. .po and .docbooks files, and put those into the .tar.gz
files. So yes, the translation are indeed uses.

In addition I can also confirm that the RPM packages made out of the tar.gz
files also do include the translations.

Kind Regards
Jesper.