[Kde-extra-gear] backwards compatibility

Joachim Eibl joachim.eibl at gmx.de
Wed Jan 28 00:04:28 CET 2004

On Tuesday 27 January 2004 20:12, Klas Kalass wrote:
> [...]

I would have hoped that each project could have its own requirement, and only
when compiling everything, the highest version requirement gets the priority.
(But that's just what I think should happen.)

> As of now I see 2 solutions:

If nothing else is possible, then I also favour solution 1).

But what about a third possibility (a variant of 1) where the entire module
uses the lowest requirement in the CVS for the entire module? People using
the latest stable KDE from CVS won't notice the difference. And applications
that provide extra packages can put the higher requirement into their README
and on their respective homepages.

Joachim