[Kde-extra-gear] backwards compatibility

Jeroen Wijnhout Jeroen.Wijnhout at kdemail.net
Tue Jan 27 20:39:02 CET 2004

On Tuesday 27 January 2004 20:12, Klas Kalass wrote:
> From the postings I only see two clear statements: Jesper favours solution
> 2 (a or b?) and I favour solution 1.

Option 1 sounds way better than 2 imho, so I vote for 1.

> Is there another possibility?

Except for altering the build system like I suggested, no. Since option 1 is a
lot less work than what I suggested, let's just go for it.

Btw, if you don't want to update configure.in.in can't you add it (locally) to
your .cvsignore file? It will prevent unwanted releases with a KDE 3.2
requirement.

best,
Jeroen

--
Kile - an Integrated LaTeX Environment for KDE
http://kile.sourceforge.net