[Kde-extra-gear] 3.2 and KEG

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at kde.org
Mon Jan 5 22:14:17 CET 2004

Aaron Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> writes:

| On December 18, 2003 11:09, Klas Kalass wrote:
| > > I think this would be a nice addition not only to KDE 3.2's hooplah, but
| > > also nice additional exposure for KEG....
| >
| > Sounds like a great idea to me!
| >
| > There are definitely many apps that deserve additional exposure, so
| > everybody: Now is the time to speak up for your app!
|
| great; i'm willing to do the ghostwriting if for each app that has buildable
| code i can get:
|
| 1. Name
| 2. Authors
| 3. Screenshot (singular, not plural ;)
| 4. Short description, 2-3 sentences long.
| 5. URL for latest download (stable prefered)
| 6. Status of release (stable, beta, alpha)
|
| 1, 2 and 4 are easy to get from extragear.k.o, so don't worry too much about
| them; you may want to supply 4 if there's something in particular you think
| should be highlighted (think: PR).
|
| 3 isn't so easy for me to do, as it requires me doing a lot of web surfing
| and/or screenshotting.
|
| 5 and 6 are definitely items i'd need from the ppl on this list. there are
| links on extragear.k.o, but not all projects have them and i'm not
| particularly sure what the status of each release is.
|
| it would also be _great_ if keg people could do a new release of their
| software to coincide with KDE 3.2 if there have been bug fixes, etc to the

Here comes the information for KimDaBa:

1. KimDaBa
2. Jesper Pedersen <blackie at kde.org>
3. http://ktown.kde.org/kimdaba/imageconfig.jpg
4. KDE Image Database (KimDaBa) is a tool for indexing, searching, and
   viewing images. The indexing is done by telling KimDaBa who is on the
   images, where the images were taken, and (optionally) adding
   descriptions. KimDaBa is highly optimized for easy indexing of images, so
   that it is possible to use it with thousands of images. It also allows you
   to browse your images easily, based on the properties (person, location,
   keywords) you specified when indexing.
5. http://ktown.kde.org/kimdaba/
6. Released in version 1.0.1 December 2003

Cheers
Jesper