[Kde-extra-gear] Ok, i'm back and it's time

Helio Chissini de Castro helio at kde.org
Thu Dec 16 12:11:01 CET 2004

Hi guys..

Before throw me rocks, let me apologize for delay for everything i asked.
Was suppose to start migration and website changes right after George
deliovering KST 1.0, as i polite asked before and he asked for me to wait.
But, right after i become busy in delivering Brazilian proposal for next
conference, and did a lot of travels and meet all support and possible
financial guys, so become really difficult handle more one thing than my job
and the conference planning.
As the proposal was delivered last night, i'm starting to change website today
now. He will be unavailable today, and i will move all applications for the
logicaal tree ppointing the current location on extragear-x place.
During this, i will ask Danimo who is working with SVN setup migration and see
where he is advanced  and clash with my plans.

Just for a forward info:
- Our repository will be 2.5 times bigger using FSFS database type ( would be
2.0 bigger, but i decided keep old CVS reference as a annotation )
- We don;t know which type of scripts we will need ni future, so the scripts
will be migrated during the necessity of developer, after conversion. It's a
good way to clean scripts never used
- WEBCVS works with SVN

major drawbacks:
- Don't know yet hot to migrate accounts. I'm thinking in use same pwd
database of CVS ( yes, it's possible ), which will lead in less trouble but
my wish was everyone with a ssh based passws ( yeah, too difficult, i know )

So, no more talking.. /me need start to work

[]'s

--
Helio Chissini de Castro
KDE Developer