[Kde-extra-gear] KBeam

Georges A.K. dgege1 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 22 21:35:03 CEST 2004

Hi everyone,
First off, I just subscribed to this list, so I'd linke to say hi to everyone.
My name is Georges A.K..
I'm writing to this mailing list becomes I'm the author of an application that
I think may have its place in the kde extragear package. It's called KBeam
(http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=14683). It lets you send
and receive files through the infrared port of the computer, as easy as
possible. It works a little like the kde-bluetooth, but for infrared. It's
currently working, with few minor bugs, nothing major. I expect to have a
stable release in about a month or so (hopefully !). I use it myself and it
does a wonderful job :) There are no other applications in KDE that give this
functionality, and that's what drove me to write KBeam. I only found another
app called kobex but it's early in developpement and seems abandonned.
Anyways, tell me what you think.

Thanx.

Georges A.K.