[Kde-extra-gear] Digikam ImagePlugins CVS module creation...

Renchi Raju renchi at pooh.tam.uiuc.edu
Fri Aug 6 18:22:35 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I'm a developer for Digikam project (http://digikam.sourceforge.net).
I work with Renchi Raju, the project coordinator and the main developer.

Digikam has been ported from sourceforge CVS to kdeextragear-3  this year.

In Digikam, we have implemented an image editor which uses a plugin
architecture for providing various image manipulation operations, like :

- Color adjustments.
- Auto corrections.
- Red eyes correction.
etc.

Some screenshots are available at these urls :

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Digikam_0.7.0_preview/IMAGEEDITOR/index.html
http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Digikam_0.7.0_preview/REDEYESCORRECTION/index.
html

These ImagePlugins will work only with Digikam and hence KIPI is not a
proper place for them. The core imageplugins is frozen and Renchi Raju
don't want to add new ImagePlugins in Digikam CVS module.

Questions : Is it possible to create a new CVS module for the additional
Digikam ImagePlugins (like image level adjuments, image curve
adjustments, image FX, etc...) ? Where do we create that :
kdeextragear-3 or kdeextragears-libs-1 ? What would be a recommended
name for this module (we were leaning towards digikam-imageplugins)?

Thanks in advance.

-- Gilles Caulier