[Kde-extra-gear] KConfigEditor, KCFGCreator and libkonfig

Klas Kalaß klas.kalass at gmx.de
Thu Apr 29 12:25:03 CEST 2004

Am Mittwoch, 28. April 2004 23:07 schrieb Zack Rusin:
> Hey,
>
> I think it's time to move the editting code from kdenonbeta. There are
> three parts:
> 1) libkonfig - configuration library used by both kconfigeditor and
> kcfgcreator.
> 2) kconfigeditor - kde configuration editor. it's network transparent so
> you can use it to edit configuration accross network,
> 3) kcfgcreator - application used to create kcfg files.
>
> I'm assuming that that common census will be :
> - libkonfig -> kdeextragear-libs-1
If this library is not used by any application in the main KDE modules it is
fine. kdeextragear-libs is only for libs shared by KDE Extra Gear
applications (to avoid dependency trouble).

> - kconfigeditor -> kdeextragear-3
> - kcfgcreator -> kdeextragear-3
>
> Comments?
Sounds good to me, provided you state the usual "I consider it stable or
near-stable and will continue to maintain it" :-)

Regards,
  Klas