[Kde-extra-gear] Re: P2P file sharing software in KDE's CVS

Klas Kalass klas.kalass at gmx.de
Sat Nov 1 21:32:25 CET 2003

For people on extragear ml. who did not follow this discussion either:
It was pointed out that having kmldonkey in the extra gear might be
problematic from a legal point of view.

Am Samstag, 13. September 2003 19:47 schrieb Scott Wheeler:
> On Saturday 13 September 2003 19:01, Charles de Miramon wrote:
> > On the other hand, it would be rather unpolite to show them the door just
> > when we accepted them in.
>
> I agree that this part is less than ideal.  On the other hand I didn't see
> a discussion at all about it going into CVS (not implying that one didn't
> happen; it just didn't happen on any of the lists that I'm on), so there
> was no chance for me to object at that time.
I am very sorry that I am so late, but I was not aware of this discussion.
Please, if anything regarding the extragear is discussed, either cc: the
extragear mailing list or at least me directly.

The process of importing into CVS for extragear applications does not involve
any public discussions, since the idea of the extra gear was to not impose
any restrictions that need discussion, please read the extragear homepage for
details on the requirements.

I will take legal stuff into considerations in future. If there is a general
interest in public discussions I can post requests for inclusion to the extra
gear list and let the list decide.

Regarding kmldonkey: If there is still someone feeling that its exitance in
KDE should be discussed, please CC the authors so they can give statements.

Regards,
  Klas