[Kde-extra-gear] Re: cvsExtract VS cvs2dist

Aurelien Gateau kde-extra-gear@mail.kde.org
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 00:36:03 +0100

Alex Podolsky wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What are the adventages of one over the other?
>
> I've used cvs2dist.sh and it worked fine (except for i18n extraction which
> was a 2 secs fix). But seems like cvsExtract is the preferred one?

Last time I tried cvs2dist to package Gwenview, it created a hierarchy like
this:

kdeextragear-1/gwenview/src
                       /pics
                       /po
                       /...

I personaly prefer the way cvsExtract work, I can get something like this:

gwenview/src
        /pics
        /po
        /...

I guess this "problem" would not happened if each application CVS dir
contained its own autoconf stuff. I don't know why it's not this way (I
guess Klas knows ;-] )

Aurélien