[Kde-extra-gear] autoconf/automake warnings

Klas Kalass kde-extra-gear@mail.kde.org
Sun, 21 Jul 2002 02:50:55 +0200

Am Saturday 20 July 2002 22:35 schrieb Sebastian Stein:
> Hi,
>
> I'm the author of the latest member of KDE Extra Gear with my little tiny
> app KBruch.
>
> Today, I checked out the complete extragear-1 CVS module and tried the
> following:
>
> bash-2.05$ make -f Makefile.cvs
> This Makefile is only for the CVS repository
> This will be deleted before making the distribution
>
> *** Creating acinclude.m4
> *** Creating list of subdirectories
> *** Creating configure.in
> *** Creating aclocal.m4
> *** Creating configure
> configure.in:44: warning: do not use m4_patsubst: use patsubst or
> m4_bpatsubst
> configure.in:1039: warning: do not use m4_regexp: use regexp or m4_bregexp
> *** Creating config.h template
> WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h', `config.h.bot'
> WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for `config.h.in'
> WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.
>
> WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
> WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows to define a template without
> WARNING: `acconfig.h':
>
> WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_MAIN], 1,
> WARNING:             [Define if a function `main' is needed.])
>
> WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see the
> WARNING: documentation.
> autoheader: `config.h.in' is created
> *** Creating Makefile templates
> *** Postprocessing Makefile templates
> *** Creating date/time stamp
> *** Finished
>     Don't forget to run ./configure
>     If you haven't done so in a while, run ./configure --help
>
> I think these warnings are not so important, but maybe someone wants to
> look for it.
Do you have these warnings only in extragear or in any of the other modules=
 as=20
well ? Because I don't really know what could cause this, I do not get any=
=20
errors on SuSE 8.0

Cheers,
Klas